Saturday, May 2, 2009

The Good, The Bad, the Ugly plus picture special

Walking out in Mnarani to watch the Chelsea v Barcelona game to have 5 people I’ve  never met each say to me ‘Tomorrow night’ with a fist pump. Most people in Mnarani look at me like the plumber responsible for messing up the heating system, so to be known as the Arsenal Fan is pretty fantastic!! 

Figuring out that some scope volunteers I work with are as motivated in work as a moody teenager is to learn Latin.

Sunday’s’ hangover – Lets just say our VSOC handover meeting ‘threw-up’ some interesting items.  Sorry Emma, Cocky and Wayne.  I’ve learned my lesson the hard way, from now on I vow never to volunteer at VSOC again.  No wait, that’s not it, I promise not to turn up hungover…no wait, I promise not to drin… forget it.

Now, a picture special:









Only kidding, not that kind of picture special, here we go:



This is the street I walk out onto from my house. This is heading towards Mnarani 'High Street' and onto the road that leads to Kilifi.  Half way up this road are the three places that show all the football.  If you move a little closer to the screen, listen very closely.....you might just be able to hear the kids shouting ...JAMBO.






Right, this is where that photo was taken.  My bosses house is to the right and my house is just the other side of where that blue roof is. Infact, that tall tree over the blue roof, is right beside my front door.








And this is my pad below.  The ladder isn't mine. It belongs to the builders, you might of heard me talk about them?  The window on the right is my bedroom window, the other window is the sitting room. And that is Kataconer working by my front door finishing off something are other.  His name in Swahili means (get this) - the man who is at the corner.  i.e. so when you need him, he disappears around the corner!!
















And welcome to my crib.  To the right my sitting room/ dinning room/ study or sheltered furniture-less space - take your pick.  And then my kitchen - why on earth the gave me one of these I dont know.














I'll put up more in coming weeks. Ok, hope all is well at home.  

Take care,

Colm

3 comments:

  1. Wow Colm - How much would a place like that cost you in Dublin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gran wanted to know is that a picture of your cleaner that you mentioned?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Colm, loving the blog, it's great! Glad to hear all is going well, and you have finally moved into your house! B good, Niamh

    ReplyDelete